- Install Suse 9.1 Personal from CD
- Login as “root”. Open YAST.
- Pick the “Software Category”
- Pick “Change Source of Installation”
- Click Add then choose FTP
Server Name ftp.suse.com
Directory on server: pub/suse/i386/9.1
Authentication set to Anonymous ON
- Click OK, then FINISH
- Click Install and Remove Software from YAST
- Search for Apache and then select the modules you want to install.
- Create a text file named include.conf in the /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d subdirectory
- Start Apache 2.0 by running the following command from X Terminal or Konsole:
- If you want to run Apache 2.0 as a server at start up (command line):
- If you want to run Apache 2.0 as a server at start up (YAST):
Click the “System” icon in the left pane of the YAST window
Click the “Run Level Editor” in the right pane.
Click the “Expert mode” radio button at the top of the YAST Window
Select Apache 2.0 from the scrolling list
Under the “Set/Reset” drop down in the lower right corner choose “Enable the service”
This should automatically select the appropriate one levels to use when starting the service.
Under the “Start/Stop/Refresh” Drop down, select “ Start now “
- Click “Finish”